iPad cases have become the latest must-have accessory faster than most of us could even realize they existed. I remember a time when these devices were just that—devices. They weren’t dolled up or pimped out, nothing like that. Then, five seconds passed and the case industry slapped us hard in the face.
Speck, Otterbox, Incipio, they came to the front of electronics stores one by one. Now, with the release of each ensuing product, they rise higher and higher in the minds of the public. Always at the tip of the masses’ tongue.
Needless to say, with the iPad Air coming out in less than a week, we know exactly what you guys are looking for: some stylish new iPad Air cases to attract some jealous looks, functional ones that will shock your friends, and we’ve put them all in one place.
You’re so welcome.
5) You can’t go wrong with a case from Apple. Their new leather iPad Smart Case for the Air ($79) is sophisticated, functional, and soft to touch. It might just include the bare minimum, the bare necessities, but it’s good enough to make the list.
4) Cygnett’s Paradox Lux folio case ($69.99) takes things one step further than the Smart Case with an origami-inspired design. Its red color screams for attention, but it’s the folio’s multiple viewing angles via folded cover that have strangers doing the double take.
3) The importance of protection cannot be overstated. So, as a rule of thumb, an Otterbox product just has to be on the list. Their new Defender case for the iPad Air is sure to be just as strong as its previous iterations. And when it comes to the thinnest, lightest tablet on the market—protection is damn important.
2) The ZAGGkeys Folio ($99.99), which incorporates a backlit keyboard, is totally awesome. Combining style, protection, and functionality, this keyboard case will not leave you wanting. Except maybe for some color.
1) I’m a sucker for wood cases. Natural beauty and all that. So Grove’s Wood Smart Case ($99) immediately caught my eye, notably because of its flexible smart cover and multiple viewing angles. That, my friends, is the very definition of “nifty.”
Now go, little ones, blow your money like never before!